Use of personal data
SSAT (The Schools Network) Ltd. (‘SSAT’, ‘we’ or ‘us’) gathers, holds and processes personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any personal data you supply will be used by SSAT for the following purposes:
- To process and administer your booking for an event, conference, workshop or seminar
- To process and administer your membership and to fulfil our obligations to members
- To process and administer your participation in our networks for schools and programmes of work
- To send you information (including newsletters, publications and updates) on matters related to your membership and any programmes of work your organisation is engaged in
- To provide you with information and special offers from our sponsor partners
- To provide you with online services such as access to password protected sections of SSAT websites
- To enable you to subscribe to press release or newsletter services
- To enable us to deliver personalised online content or services, toolkits, learning resources, networking and virtual learning environments
- To help us continually improve our services
- To enable staff administration and employment/assignment of work for consultants
- To notify you of products, services and programmes offered by SSAT
- Otherwise as reasonably required by SSAT and its affiliates to operate their business or as required by law.
Sharing your information
SSAT and its affiliated organisations will use personal data relating to you. Such data may also be released to third parties (such as government organisations, service suppliers, schools or partners involved in the same programme of work, or sponsors). We will never sell mailing lists or make your personal data available to organisations other than those stated above.
While the personal data is stored within the EEA , we may transfer data to other countries worldwide including those without data protection laws. For any such transfers, however, we will follow ICO guidance on overseas transfers of data.
How and when we collect information about you
We collect information about you in these ways:
- When you register an account on our website, subscribe to press releases or email newsletters, book to attend an event, or purchase a product or service from our e-shop
- When you complete online enquiry and feedback forms
- We collect and analyse information about users’ activities on our websites to help us improve the services we offer.
Cookies and usage tracking
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
For more information see: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- we use Google Analytics to allow us to see which pages and posts are most popular. Google state:
“Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions. These cookies are used to store information, such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains.”
Queries about personal data
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or wish to request information about personal data held by us, please contact:
If you prefer not to receive marketing material from SSAT or receive information from our sponsor partners, please inform us of your name, organisation, address and whether you prefer not to receive this material by email, post or telephone, by sending an email to: email@example.com