Creating inspirational and sustainable leadership
SSAT believe that for a world-class system, we need outstanding schools with outstanding leaders at all levels. Our nationally-accredited leadership programmes support schools in developing the next generation of outstanding school leaders.
They are designed and delivered by leading headteachers and practitioners, as well as incorporating recognised experts from SSAT and its wider networks.
Through our programmes, SSAT wants to create school and system leaders, who aspire to be:
- always learning and thinking about our profession, debating openly and agreeing the purposes of education;
- shaping and leading our own professional vision, working in partnership to design and operate a system by which these purposes can be realised in practice;
- autonomous, within the realities of the education system, establishing the criteria to ensure robust system accountability;
- valued and respected by all stakeholders for their insights and practices.
Available leadership programmes
|Programme||Start date||End date||Number of events|
|Executive Headteachers||November 2015||June 2017||Six|
|New Headteachers||November 2015||June 2017||Six|
|Leading Outstanding Schools||September/October 2015||March 2016||Four|
|Aspirant Headteachers||October 2015||June 2016||Four|
|Aspiring Senior Leaders||October 2015||July 2017||Eight|
|Leading Effective Departments||November 2015||June 2016||Four|
|National Award for Middle Leaders (NAML)|
Why choose SSAT leadership programmes?
- Nationally recognised and respected, SSAT leadership programmes are unique in drawing on the very best practice from across the country and internationally.
- Each programme includes a bespoke resource pack, including the SSAT Redesigning Schooling pamphlets, in addition to resources from SSAT and external sources to support in your professional journey.
- ‘With schools, for schools’, our networks ensure that our programmes are delivered by outstanding headteachers and practitioners, including outstanding schools, teaching schools, members of our Leading Edge network and TEEP and Lead Practitioner hub schools.
- Focusing on peer networking and learning, we visit great schools to share the best practice in differing contexts nationally, and at different stages on the journey to success.
- Values-led, high quality and high impact: our programmes are consistently rated as outstanding by our delegates.
- We offer the opportunity for sustained development, implementation, impact and reflection, with programme lengths of between six months and two years.
- We build valuable collaborative leadership and learning networks that will help you on your leadership journey.