SSAT (The Schools Network) gathers, holds and processes personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any personal data that you supply on this form will be used by SSAT (The Schools Network) for the following purposes:
- To process and administer your membership and to fulfil our obligations to you as an affiliated or iNet member;
- To process and administer your participation in our networks for schools and programmes;
- To send you information (including newsletters, publications and updates) on matters related to your iNet/affiliation membership and the programmes of work in which your school is involved;
- To provide you with online services such as to subscribe to our press release or newsletter service. Your details will also enable certain areas of the websites to be personalised to you;
- To notify you of products, services and programmes offered by SSAT (The Schools Network); and
- Otherwise as reasonably required by SSAT (The Schools Network) and its affiliates to operate their business or as required by law.
Such data may also be released to third parties (such as government entities, service suppliers) or shared with other iNet/affiliated schools and organisations, where necessary for the above purposes. Whilst the personal data is stored in the UK, we may transfer data to other countries worldwide including those without data protection laws.
1. Applying for membership
1.1 Applications for membership in England are currently considered for schools only, and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
1.2 Applications for our international arm, iNet, are at the discretion of iNet under the guidance of SSAT (The Schools Network ) (see 3.2 below) and should be sent to email@example.com
1.3 Applications for membership will be considered by SSAT (The Schools Network) who have the right to refuse applications.
1.4 By submitting an application form by email, the Member is deemed to have signed the application form.
1.5 Applications in England are accepted on a per school basis.
1.6 SSAT (The Schools Network) reserves the right to re-grade a member to a more appropriate level, if the relevant information appertaining to the membership level applied for is not received, or proves to be inaccurate in any way. Members will be informed of the requirement for re-grade and asked if they wish to continue with their application.
1.7 All information provided by members must be true and accurate at the point of applying. In the event of a change of circumstances such as type of establishment, number on roll, phase of education or change of contact details, members must notify SSAT (The Schools Network) by email or in writing so that our records are up to date.
2. Membership payments, renewals and cancellations
2.1 Membership is fixed for a period of one calendar year starting on the day application is processed. This will be within 1 week of the date that application is submitted to us and approved. Payment must be received within 30 days of receipt of the invoice.
2.2 Payment can be made by cheque or BACS. If membership payment remains outstanding we will notify members by telephone, email or letter.
2.3 It is the member’s responsibility to advise SSAT (The Schools Network) of their intention not to renew. Membership payments not received within 2 months (60 days) of becoming due will result in the membership being considered lapsed and all benefits will be terminated.
2.4 To cancel membership at the point of renewal the headteacher, principal or chief executive of the member school/organisation will need to notify us by email or in writing stating a reason which will be recorded for internal use only. Refunds will not be given for memberships cancelled part way through the year.
3. Membership categories
3.1 English school membership
3.1.1 Applications for membership in England are currently considered for schools only. Membership belongs to the school and all full-time staff of the school. A membership number will be issued and is identical to the school’s 7-digit DFE number. This number can be used when contacting us for identification purposes.
3.2 International membership
3.2.1 International membership for schools, organisations, HEIs, FECs and Local Authorities outside of England (including Wales, Scotland and Ireland) is offered by iNet, the international arm of SSAT (The Schools Network), under the guidance of SSAT (The Schools Network).
4. Membership benefits
4.1 Member benefits are only available if subscription payments are up to date.
4.2 Attendance at events, seminars, courses and on programmes at member rates or as a benefit of membership is reliant on up to date subscription payments at the date of the event and not at the date of delegate booking.
4.3 Member engagement that benefits from exclusive member access or discounted member rates will be cancelled and/or re-invoiced to reflect non-member status and fares at any time if the engagement is in progress or pending and the member chooses to terminate their subscription.
4.2 Member benefits may change without notice.
5. Terminating membership (de-affiliation)
5.1 SSAT (The Schools Network) reserves the right to withdraw membership or to prevent any member from renewing membership if:
- the member puts the organisation into disrepute.
- the member is deemed to have misused the membership privileges. (for example, allowing individuals from non-member schools to use membership benefits).
- if it is decided that suitable membership is no longer offered to the member or category of member.
- if subscription payments are not up to date or remain unpaid without communication from the member school.
5.2 On termination of membership members are required to remove any logos that are property of SSAT (The Schools Network) (including iNet, SSAT, Specialist Schools and Academies Trust and all related programmes) from their websites, literature and organisational materials and are not permitted to use said logos or our name(s) for the purposes of self-promotion.
6. Acceptance of terms and conditions
These terms and conditions may be revised from time to time and any updates will be posted to www.ssatuk.co.uk/membership. Members are responsible for keeping up-to date with all changes. Continued membership shall be deemed acceptance of all changes to these terms and conditions.