Middle leaders are essential to the success of any school. What they do varies across a broad range of responsibilities between school types, phases and contexts – pastoral and academic, departmental and whole-school. We embrace this diversity and complexity and we’re committed to supporting all schools with a range of middle leadership training options.
We offer two training models for middle leaders:
Tailored SSAT Middle Leadership training delivered in your school by expert facilitators
This is suitable for groups of middle leaders who have specified areas of development that need to be addressed quickly. Choose from 11 middle leadership modules, all designed to support middle leaders to develop their practice and include immediately applicable strategies for improvement:
- Vision, values and the moral purpose
- Data analysis for performance and progress
- Leading strategic improvement
- Evidence-based teaching and learning
- Developing your leadership approach
- Leading and managing innovation and change
- Managing resources and risks
- Building a high-performance team
- Support and challenge – holding yourself and others to account
- Developing yourself and others
- Collaboration, partnership and communication
The Department for Education’s National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership
Deliver NPQML as an SSAT delivery partner, or find NPQML training in your area
SSAT is proud to be accredited as a NPQML provider by the Department for Education.
Become an SSAT delivery partner for the DfE NPQML
By becoming one of our delivery partners you have the flexibility to deliver the NPQML to middle leaders. This is ideal for alliances, multi-academy trusts and schools who lead on CPD in their area.
Find DfE NPQML training in your area
Find out which schools are delivering the DfE’s NPQML with SSAT across the country, and sign up to training near you.