The Ethical Leadership Programme is a student-focused qualification designed to recognise character skills and leadership qualities, while enabling the development of ethical awareness. The programme recognises all activities, whether in the classroom, across the school or in the wider community. SSAT has partnered with Lichfield Cathedral School to deliver this unique student programme.
The programme encourages students and pupils to:
- Act in roles of responsibility with integrity and honesty
- Foster a sense of vision and purpose
- Work with others to determine and achieve collective goals
- Take on responsibilities and use ethical decision-making skills to carry a project through to a successful conclusion
- Be active, reflective listeners who respond effectively
- Earn the respect of others through their actions
The Accreditation Process
There are three steps to the accreditation process:
- Self-assessment against graded criteria
- Evidence collation and portfolio creation
- Moderation and accreditation
Each student or pupil undertaking the programme will compile a portfolio to help them collect evidence of having achieved each criterion. Once the child and form tutor agree that all the criteria at a level has been achieved, the portfolio goes through a peer review process. When that is successfully completed, and all agree that the level has been achieved, the award is made, and the child moves onto working towards the next level.
The Ethical Leadership Programme is available for purchase for a year’s licence. The price is £250+VAT for SSAT members and £500+VAT for non-members.
You can accredit as many students as eligible within your active licence period.