SSAT is proud to partner with the Geographical Association to offer schools access to the Connecting Classrooms programme:
- Free CPD in critical thinking for teachers in your school network delivered at a venue of your choice, or by enrolling on a centre-based course
- The chance to experience education in a different context by working with teachers in a partner school overseas; supported by a £3000 grant
The Connecting Classrooms programme is open to you in two ways in 2017:
– A trainer will come to you to deliver training to a group of staff in your network
– You receive some funding to cover catering/venue costs
– Training is personalised to meet the needs of your staff
For further details view our guidance for school-based courses.
To make an expression of interest get in touch with us by email.
- Scheduled training courses
– Available at a range of venues around the country
– Two day-long workshops with a ten week gap in between to allow time for classroom application
– Opportunity to network with schools within your region
For a list of scheduled events and how to book, visit the Geographical Association website.
Critical thinking training includes:
- Supported pre-course reflection
- Day one: face-to-face training focused on developing critical thinking, considering evidence and non-routine problems and application in participants’ classrooms
- Day two: training focused on sharing participants’ practice and working with deep structures
- Further online support and collaboration, and opportunities to share practice with colleagues internationally
The training is free of charge and available to teachers in maintained schools and academies across England. Please note independent schools are not eligible to register.