The Global Learning Programme Lead Practitioner professional accreditation is a unique CPD opportunity, open to all who lead practice within their schools or colleges across England and Wales. Including secondary teachers, teachers in special and primary schools and post-16 education, librarians, teaching assistants and other professionals and support staff.
SSAT is pleased and proud to announce the successful accreditation of our 2016 cohort of Lead Practitioners. See the list here.
Building on the highly regarded SSAT Lead Practitioner programme, the GLP LP online accreditation is available for all those with expertise in GL/DE and a desire to make a difference to other practitioners within or across schools.
Why apply for GLP Lead Practitioner accreditation?
If you are an outstanding practitioner who goes that extra mile to support and lead others in achieving excellence in the classroom within GL/DE, the GLP Lead Practitioner accreditation offers you professional recognition. See below the benefits for practitioners:
- High quality status for high quality practitioners
- An opportunity for targeted professional development through a process that promotes iterative professional reflection and rigour, helping set development targets and identifying links to local and national support
- National accreditation that recognises professional expertise in leading practice in GL/DE
- Recognition within your school
- CPD through the accreditation process – membership of the wider GLP Lead Practitioner network
The GLP LP accreditation process is thoroughly useful and beneficial to any teaching professional who wishes to evaluate and recognise their work
The GLP lead practitioner accreditation gave me a great chance to reflect on the impact I have been having on my school
Benefits for schools
Having a member of their team undertake the GLP Lead Practitioner accreditation as part of the programme provides schools with:
- a framework and structure to drive forward GL/DE within their school and across school networks
- a tool to focus and evidence the impact of their work with others
- a quality mark of excellent practice and of the school’s commitment to professional global learning
- access to a wide range of resources, research and case studies that can be drawn on and shared to improve and develop practice
- opportunities to engage with current regional, national and international developments through the wider network of the GLP
- recognition of your school’s commitment to the GLP
Applying for GLP Lead Practitioner accreditation
The ten criteria are defined within three interlinked areas:
- Professional knowledge – we often underestimate our expertise. Our LP GLPs generously share resources and ideas face-to-face at seminars or online – both are highly valued.
- Personal skills to work successfully with colleagues – able to inspire others, not the ‘guru’ but open to new ideas.
- Process and impact on others – understanding the process of leading practice. Applicants meeting the coaching criteria at the highest levels will be offered the opportunity of joining our database of GLP LP coaches.
Who can apply for Lead Practitioner status?
- Those who lead the GLP work within the Expert Centre/Lead School are provided with the funded opportunity to undertake the accreditation to support their role of working with and developing the network of partner schools.
Additional teachers from these leading schools or teachers from any GLP partner schools in England can also take part in this scheme by covering the cost of the GLP Lead Practitioner accreditation (£350 per applicant excl. VAT).
View the accompanying programme flyers for more information:
How long is GLP Lead Practitioner status valid for?
Accreditation status lasts for three years. In order to ensure practice remains current and applicants maintain their accredited level or above, they will need to reapply at the end of this three year period.
View a previous GLP LP applicants testimonial here.
Visit the main Global Learning Programme website at http://globaldimension.org.uk/glp.
Registered GLP LPs who have received their log-in information for the online application website can sign in here.