Are you a deputy headteacher or vice-principal responsible for curriculum?
Your role now has greater strategic importance than ever before. With Ofsted placing a clear focus on curriculum intent and evidencing breadth and depth in curriculum, it is essential for you to develop and confidently convey a clear vision of your model and how it is implemented at every level in your school.
SSAT’s Strategic Leadership of Curriculum programme will enable you to develop your understanding of effective curriculum design and delivery, enhance your personal effectiveness as a senior leader, and empower you to pitch a very clear vision and intent for your school’s curriculum.
As part of the programme, you will be able to review and quality-assure current practice and evidence curriculum intent. You will hear from expert SSAT facilitators as well as a range of schools who will share their innovative approaches. In addition to the programme activities, you will be paired with an experienced curriculum deputy who will act as a coach during the process of review and action planning, to ensure that the course both enhances your knowledge and supports long term impact in your school.
How the programme works
Event One and Two
Thinking about curriculum – Day 1
- The principles of effective curriculum design
- The four pillars of principled curriculum design
- Policy on curriculum – meeting national requirements
- Doing things differently – national and international perspectives on curriculum
- Initial action planning
Enhancing the role – Day 2
- Your role as a leader
- Working with your leadership team, middle leaders and wider staff
- Engaging stakeholders and building stakeholder influence
- Managing change
- Defining and communicating your curriculum vision
Date: 2 and 3 March 2018
Venue: West Midlands
Pitching your curriculum vision
- Peer coaching and feedback – identify strengths and areas of development
- Costing your curriculum model – financial management and making evidence informed decisions
- Curriculum structures and allocation of staff
- On-going review and quality assurance
Date: 3 May 2018
Venue: West Midlands
SSAT Member: £1,450