Coaching is increasingly being used by leaders and practitioners in schools to develop and get the best out of people. It plays an important part in building positive working and learning cultures. This online course provides a comprehensive introduction for those about to begin their coaching journey or wanting to refresh learning.
There’s a wealth of evidence that demonstrates how coaching can unlock potential and maximise performance. Coaching is an invaluable part of a toolkit which equips us to empower others so that they can to find solutions to issues and pathways to achieve their goals.
This enjoyable, interactive online training programme is designed to introduce participants to skills and knowledge they can confidently use to support different aspects of their roles, whether developing others, managing performance, building capacity or leading change/improvement.
The programme will take place over two 2.5 hour live online seminars, supported by follow up activities and reading.
Seminar 1 – Wednesday 9 June 2021
- What coaching is and what it is not
- What makes a great coach?
- The coaching contract
- Building rapport
- Introducing GROW – a coaching model to use in your role and across your school/organisation
- Practice coaching
Seminar 2 – Wednesday 30 June 2021
- Listening skills
- Practice coaching in pairs
- Giving feedback
- Challenging limiting beliefs
- Common issues for coaching conversations
- Practice coaching in trios
- Examples of some different coaching models
- Next steps for coaching in your role and your school/organisation
Attendees will finish the course:
- With better understanding of what coaching is and how it can help.
- Motivated and sufficiently confident to begin to integrate a coaching approach into their practice.
- Equipped with ideas and resources to try out some coaching conversations.
- Prepared to make the case for further exploring coaching in their places of work.
- With an extended network with whom they can share practice.
Previously Acting Principal at Ark Evelyn Grace Academy, Angelina’s school leadership career has been largely focused on south London schools in diverse, vibrant yet challenging communities. Angelina has extensive experience of developing practitioners at all levels, and of using coaching to achieve these aims. A qualified MFL teacher, TEFL trained and formerly Head of iNet (the international arm of SSAT), Angelina has wide experience of teaching in and supporting schools internationally.
Date and time:
CostSSAT members: £199 Non-members: £235
All prices exclusive of VAT
Teachers and leaders with limited or no experience of coaching.