- This event has passed.
Unfortunately this event has been postponed. If you are interested in attending this event later this year, please register your interest.
Alternatively, please see our list of Primary Innovation and Impact days
Throughout the year there are opportunities to visit primary member schools to see innovation and impact in action. Hosted and led by members of the SSAT primary network, this is a great chance to visit, network, learn and share best practice. All of these events also feature a session from an Apple Distinguished Educator. In conjunction with this event is the opportunity to view the first hand effect of a TEEP Ambassador School and explore how TEEP can reinspire and reinvigorate teaching through a whole School approach. Places can be booked directly with the host school.
Some feedback received from the innovation and impact days in 2016-17:
“It is a great opportunity to share successful strategies and broaden a teacher’s vision.”
“Definitively recommend. An informative and inspiring day.”
“Lots of positive and innovative strategies that can be translated into our own practice.”
At Hilton Primary Academy we pride ourselves in doing things our way, for our children and our community. We are not afraid to be ‘Punk Teachers’ – being reactive with our teaching and taking risks to engage our children & community! Come along and join us on Thursday 9th November 2017 to find out more about what works for us at Team Hilton, including:
- How to make your school go viral for all the right reasons – the power of social media for parental and community engagement!
- Using technology to enhance learning – how our 1:1 iPad project has boosted attendance, attainment and engagement.
- Building an outdoor learning environment that can be used all year around… even with the Geordie climate!
- Mastery in maths – as a North East Maths Hub, how have we embedded mastery in our maths curriculum?
- Exploring how we use research projects to enhance our teaching, including TEEP (Teacher Effectiveness Programme), the Visible Classroom Project and Third Space Learning – an innovative & personalised maths mentor project.
- Building an enthusiastic team, where work-life balance is valued & all but essential paperwork has been eliminated!
Pastries and hot drinks will be available between 9am and 9:30am and a lunch of hot paninis and salad will be provided by our Chef.
We look forward to giving you a warm Geordie welcome to #TeamHilton!
To book your place on our TeamHilton ‘Impact and Innovation Day’ please email firstname.lastname@example.org.