- This event has passed.
How confident are you and your fellow governors of your responsibilities? Are you responsible for developing a new group of governors? Would you benefit from support in delivering your own in-house training?
This twilight session is designed to help you become more confident as an individual governor and to help you develop the expertise of your colleagues.
The three-hour workshop will focus on the following questions:
- What does being a governor mean? What are the specific responsibilities?
- What do we need to know about school performance data?
- How should we be monitoring and evaluating our schools’ performance?
- How can we help to ensure that our schools are Ofsted-ready?
- What are the key educational issues on the near horizon?
There will be time for you to reflect on your own and your schools’ current practice and to identify key action points to take back to your governing bodies.
All delegates will also receive a copy of SSAT’s brand-new publication The SSAT Governance Toolkit – An essential guide to effective governance in multi-academy trusts at no additional cost (normally priced at £145+VAT).
This resource is an all-you-need-to-know guide to effective governance in MATs, including two training guides for governors on accountability and performance data. These can be used as standalone resources for individual or group use with the pre-recorded commentary or delivered to colleagues using the full presenter’s notes provided.
The workshop will provide invaluable training and preparation for:
- Newly-appointed local governors
- Existing local governors who are looking to improve their governance skills
- Local governors responsible for governor training
- Headteachers or other senior leaders wishing to develop the skills of their governors
The event will be limited to a maximum of 25 participants in order to provide as much opportunity for discussion and interaction as possible.