- This event has passed.
The SSAT Teaching Schools Conference is a one-day event bringing updates from those leading on key reforms relating to teaching schools and insights in to what future holds for the role of teaching schools in the school led system. It’s an invaluable opportunity to connect with like-minded teaching school professionals from across the country, ask questions, attend practical workshops and discuss topics that matter to you. Book now to secure your place.
- To explore innovative ways of ensuring the sustainability of teaching schools
- To think creatively about the changing landscape for teaching schools policy – narrowing focus of objectives, geographical disparities in provision and the teacher recruitment crisis.
- To share best practice between teaching schools and build collaboration opportunities.
We are delighted to be joined by a wide range of key figures within the teaching schools network and sessions will focus on the following topics.
Keynote session – The role of teaching schools in the school led system
Breakout Sessions – Focusing on ‘the big three’
1. ITT New Curriculum – Stephen Munday CBE, Chief Executive of The CAM Academy Trust
2. Using the Standards for teacher professional development
3. School to School support – working with your Regional Schools Commissioner
Other speakers include:
- Regional Schools Commissioner – Jennifer Bexon-Smith
- Philippa Cordingley – Chief Executive of the Centre for the Use of Research and Evidence in Education (CUREE)
- Karen Strachan – Toot hill School (Torch Teaching School Alliance) and Roger Pope -National College for Teaching and Leadership
There will also be an opportunity for networking by wave so you can share challenges and solutions with teaching schools of a similar maturity level as your own school. The networking sessions will be split into the following teaching school groups:
- Established teaching schools
- Evolving teaching schools
- Recently or about to be designated
We will also be providing short workshops from successful longstanding teaching schools, full details of workshops to be released soon.