Why join iNet Wales?
iNet Wales is a network for all schools in Wales and is intended to share excellence, develop leadership and support schools in their drive to raise standards. Our view is that outstanding schools in Wales concentrate on one overriding goal: ensuring students can fulfil their potential in an increasingly complex world.
Benefits of joining iNet Wales:
- Networking groups
Membership and invitation to regional members group meetings for both headteachers and students, which drive the work of iNet Wales regionally and nationally
- Fortnightly updates
Fortnightly email update sent directly to your inbox with opportunities to showcase good practice and updates on current Wales education news and issues
- Support, advice and guidance
Have your priorities and concerns heard by getting in touch with an area-specific iNet Wales Lead – Paul Stock (South Wales) and David Wylde (North Wales)
- Get recognised
Opportunities for recognition through highly-regarded iNet innovation and student leadership awards
- Member-exclusive area online
Full of publications and resources for practitioners and leaders to turn innovative ideas into proven solutions for your school – all accessible in your members-only website, the Exchange.
- National Conference discounts
All iNet Wales members receive a discount on a delegate place to the annual SSAT National Conference in December. This year’s theme, Leading: making the impossible possible, presents an opportunity to gain insight and ideas that you can put into practice in your school.
- SEND updates
Access to SEND member communications and news
Activities to look forward to
- Opportunities to join the Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme (TEEP) – new to Wales. TEEP has had dramatic impact on improving standards of teaching to improve pupil outcomes. In England between 2012-2013, TEEP schools experienced a one year increase of 8.8% 5A*-C (inc E&M) compared with the national average of 1.8%.
- Further development of the Lead Practitioner Accreditation. This is an action research-based approach to innovative teaching and learning and can be used to form collaborative working groups of teachers to raise standards across school. Undertaking this accreditation provides opportunities to work with Lead Practitioners across Wales and the UK, establishing a dynamic and powerful network.
- Global Learning Programme – Wales (GLP-W) events.
Joining iNet Wales
Membership is for twelve months from the day you join.
Membership prices (all prices are exclusive of VAT):
- Secondary schools: £450
- Primary schools: £250
- Special Schools: £250