Leading Edge is a national network for high-performing schools who are committed to: working in partnership to raise achievement; innovation;sharing practice both within and beyond the network.
- The programme is intended to provide high performing schools with a national network and support appropriate to their needs.
- Schools should be able to present a range of data to evidence that they are high performing.
- Judgements should not be made on the basis of one year’s data; criteria should consider achievements over time
- Access to a national network of high performing schools for support and guidance.
- Two copies of each edition of our termly Leading Change journal providing updates and case studies from the network.
- A visit from a Leading Edge consultant to discuss your practice.
- Access to events hosted by schools within the network.
- 3 discounted places at the SSAT Achievement Show-the largest practitioner-led event in the UK.
- 1 free place at the Leading Edge leadership conference, with keynotes and workshops from Leading Edge schools. Further information…
- Two copies of the Leading Edge directory, which outlines the expertise of schools within the network, to support you in making links
How do we get involved?
If your school meets the membership criteria and is interested in joining the network, please email email@example.com for further details.
Ofsted 1 or Ofsted 2, plus the ability to demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Excellent rates of progress key stage 2 – key stage 4 (Upper quartile)
- FFT D (Upper quartile)
- Outstanding performance in key stage 5 achievement measures
Schools will also have the opportunity to submit other forms of data to evidence that they are high performing. Where a case is not straightforward, the decision about membership will be made by the Steering Group. Special schools wishing to join the network should contact the programme for details. We do not anticipate substantial changes to the membership criteria in coming years, however it will be amended annually to reflect current data measures.
Would you like support?
Would you like some support from the Leading Edge team? If you want to know more about Leading Edge, find out how to make the most of the network or talk to another like-minded school please contact the Leading Edge team.
Call 020 7802 2332
Are you a Leading Edge school? Has your school got an interesting story to tell? We are designing our next Leading Change journal and would like to hear from you. Submit articles to firstname.lastname@example.org.