We are recruiting for the following roles in our London office:
Salary £30,000 – £35,000
Reporting to the Head of Brand you will be responsible for developing and implementing a coordinated multi-channel marketing strategy for the SSAT portfolio. You will effectively manage the online and offline campaigns and ensure these are highly targeted and delivered to budget and schedule and have measurable indicators of impact and engagement.
- educated to degree level with a marketing qualification and significant experience gained working in a marketing team
- proven ability to produce high-quality, SEO-friendly, engaging messaging across a range of channels – including social – for multiple audiences
- excellent copywriting, editing and proofreading skills, illustrating attention to detail, accuracy and precision
- demonstrable success of implementing a content-led marketing strategy
- experience of working with an email marketing platform, ideally MailChimp, and CRM system, ideally Microsoft Dynamics, and a solid understanding of the Microsoft Office suite
- able to communicate at all levels clearly and concisely with the ability to confidently present ideas and influence decisions
- able to work collaboratively, proactively, quickly and responsively, and with an openness to embrace new ideas and ways of working
- experience of working in education and for a membership-based organisation would be desirable
This is a permanent full-time position based in London.
How to Apply
Please send a covering letter outlining why you think you meet the requirements and your CV to email@example.com with ‘Marketing Manager’ in the subject title. CV’s without cover letters will not be accepted.
Deadline of Applications
1 December 2019. Interviews will commence w/c 9 December 2019.
Salary £30,000 – £35,000
Working in a team of Relationship Managers, this role has the primary objective of ensuring we have a strong, mutually-beneficial relationship with every one of our member schools, delivering a high quality and value for money service.
Each RM plays a central role in communicating with our member schools. They will get to know each school individually through a combination of face-to-face meetings (including school visits), telephone, email and online interaction.
Through their interactions with schools the RM will be required to develop multiple contacts, understand specific strengths and challenges, and agree the best method and times to communicate with key individuals. As they learn more about each school the RM will record and share all gathered intelligence with the rest of SSAT. As the volume of this information increases, so will its value to SSAT for research, product development, sales and marketing, and, importantly, facilitating the network.
The RM will use this information to provide excellent customer service and an optimum membership experience to schools, as well as selling additional opportunities to schools where a need has been identified; thereby maximising sales to schools while avoiding the pitfalls of mass marketing and sales messages.
The RM will also be responsible for the “I saw this and thought of you” element of customer service; providing unexpected, additional, always-relevant information to members at no extra cost; a great way to create a positive impression likely to influence the all-important renewal decision.
In order to carry out these duties effectively RMs will:
- Record all school information centrally using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Regularly share feedback about school needs and preferences.
- Keep up-to-date about all SSAT products and services.
- Build and maintain knowledge and awareness of general education issues and developments.
- Maximise the value of each school in your portfolio and achieve or exceed budget growth objectives
- Establish strong multiple business relationships for each school in your portfolio, networking effectively across the full breadth of each with a view to fully identifying all decision makers, influencers, referrers and opportunities in the school.
- Act as an advisor to each school in your portfolio offering appropriate and accurate advice regarding all aspects of SSAT’s service to best meet individual/school needs and promote fully SSATs breadth of service
- Research and explore strategically the business needs and opportunities of each school in your portfolio
- Effectively close business opportunities and win new business from each school in your portfolio
- Constantly improve the overall customer relationship, delivering timely reliable administrative support and customer service
- Negotiate effectively both with the school and internally to maximise SSAT’s business interests and represent the school to its entirety.
- To listen, understand and interpret customer requirements to ensure most appropriate advice at all times
- Act as a collaborator and key influencer working with colleagues internally to create and deliver tailored solutions for your schools
- Acknowledge customers promptly and treat them in a courteous, professional manner.
- Establish what information, products or services the customer requires to meet the needs of the business
- Act as an ambassador for SSAT and champion its work at events and other face-to-face channels
- Utilise CRM to record notes of all client interactions, summarising any additional actions required, including follow-up calls/meetings
- Comply with legal requirements, industry regulations, SSAT’s policies and professional codes
- Record business information in SSAT systems of record (e.g. CRM) in line with agreed SSAT protocols
- Educated to a degree level as a minimum
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally in a collaborative and consultative style
- Exceptional time management skills and attention to detail is required to ensure a strong customer experience
- Excellent team working skills and proven ability to work under pressure in a busy work environment
- Ability to communicate and explain complex information at all levels in a clear, non-technical manner
- Reliable and ethical, respecting customers’ confidentiality
- Proactive and a highly self-motivated problem-solver with a result focus
- Strong commercial awareness with an understanding of the need to balance commercial success with organisational values
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate at all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent literacy skills
- Excellent IT skills including full MS Office and MS Excel. An awareness of CRM systems would be advantageous
- Experience of managing a portfolio of accounts concurrently
- Flexibility as there might be lots of travel involved (A Full UK Driver’s Licence would be an advantage)
- Awareness of and familiarity with professional use of social media/online communications
- Experience of writing reports and giving presentations
- Experience in sales
- Good knowledge of the English education landscape; structure, issues, and regulations
This job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake other tasks as required. This is an office based with some national travel involved and is a permanent full-time position. The role will be based in London.
How to apply
If you feel this role matches your skills and expertise, we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV, and a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements set out in the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date of applications are Monday, 25 November 2019.
SSAT is an equal opportunities employer.