This school year, develop skills and proficiency and empower the teachers and leaders in your school with SSAT Coaching. Coaching is proven to improve performance and add to the portfolio of tools needed to drive improvement and secure the best possible outcomes for students.
SSAT Coaching will:
- empower and build the capacity of teachers and leaders in your school, local authority or MAT
- equip teachers and leaders to confidently develop and bring out the best in others
- encourage key players to adopt a consistently solution-focused approach to addressing challenges
- ensure that your teachers and leaders can develop a range of ideas to shape strategies and lead and sustain improvement
- enable teachers and leaders to explore and plan actions which address priorities related to the areas on which they lead
- embed a culture of coaching.
Whatever your context, phase of education or career stage, your SSAT Coach will provide a series of powerful one to one coaching sessions designed to unlock your potential and that of your staff.
Introduction to coaching
This enjoyable, interactive one-day training event is designed to introduce participants to skills and knowledge they can more confidently use to support different aspects of their roles, whether developing others, managing performance, building capacity or leading change/improvement for example.
We hope that offering this Saturday training day will present an additional opportunity for anyone curious about coaching to attend. This is an ideal day for those about to begin their coaching journey or wanting to refresh learning.
|Introduction to coaching||Saturday 8 February 2020||9:30am – 3:30pm||London|
Please let us know if you would like to attend a similar day of coaching in your area and someone will get back to you.
SSAT Coaching – one-to-one
SSAT is the leading national provider of training and development for school leaders at all stages. We are immensely proud of our reputation for excellence and of our thousands of leadership alumni who inspire and impact children and young people every day.
SSAT one-to-one coaching targets those in any middle and senior leadership roles including Headteachers, Principals, Executive Heads and CEOs. You’ll benefit from dedicated time with an experienced external SSAT Coach who will quickly build a strong rapport with you or your selected staff.
Using a wide range of expertise, your SSAT Coach will objectively and confidentially help you to tackle challenging and sensitive issues and consider exciting future possibilities to positively impact on your priority areas.
SSAT Coaching provides support, challenge and opportunity to explore your issues and goals and will help you to formulate effective action plans. Sessions can be flexibly arranged with timings to suit the individual. Talk to us about our telephone, Skype or face to face coaching options.
SSAT Coaching – training
We can help you embed a culture of coaching in your school, MAT or local authority by providing SSAT Coaching training for senior and/or middle leaders in your school. Our high-quality training is suitable for individuals with some or no experience of coaching at all.
Choose from full or half day sessions or training over a series of twilights. All our sessions are designed to give participants the opportunity to explore the benefits of coaching and acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding to confidently carry out their roles while developing others, leading change and sustaining improvements.
SSAT Coaching training will help you:
- understand what coaching is and is not
- introduce a coaching model to use across your school
- develop coaching skills
- practice coaching
- reflect on the next steps for coaching in your role and your school.
In an organisation with a coaching culture you would see:
- leaders and managers developing other leaders and managers
- open, honest and supportive conversations at all levels
- coaching for development, not to manage poor performance
- the routine giving of constructive feedback
- a clear vision for coaching in the organisation.