Membership terms and conditions
Full information on how any personal data that you supply as part of your SSAT (The Schools Network) membership can be found here.
Terms and conditions of event bookings
Cancellations made more than 8 weeks before the event incur a 50% cancellation charge. Cancellations made less than 8 weeks before the event incur 100% of the event charge. All cancellations must be made in writing. Replacement delegates may be nominated in writing at any time prior to the start of the event. If, for any reason, SSAT needs to cancel the event, delegates will be notified in writing and events fees will be fully refunded.
N.B. Terms and conditions are applicable at time of publishing and may be subject to change. Upon completion and submission of an event booking form, either online, by fax, email or post, SSAT will reserve a place for the named delegate(s). For events where a fee is payable, the named delegate(s) agrees to ensure payment will be made in full to SSAT as per the invoice payment terms. Non-payment in advance of the event date may result in the delegate not being able to attend the event. When placing a booking with SSAT you will always be asked to indicate your acceptance of these terms and conditions when making your booking. If you do not do so, your booking can not be accepted.
Additional terms and conditions for SSAT National Conference bookings
There is one complimentary delegate place per secondary member to attend the SSAT National Conference 2015. If this place has already been allocated at the time this booking is placed the ‘Booker’ will be contacted to confirm they wish to proceed with the next available charged for delegate package. Complimentary places are honoured on the assumption that the school will retain its SSAT membership status at the time of the conference Thurs 3 – Fri 4 December 2015. Should this status change prior to the conference the ‘Booker’ and ‘Delegate’ will be notified with details of the paid for options to retain the place.
Use of personal data
SSAT (The Schools Network) Ltd. (‘SSAT’, ‘we’ or ‘us’) gathers, holds and processes personal data in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any personal data you supply will be used by SSAT for the following purposes:
- to process and administer your booking for an event, conference, workshop or seminar
- to process and administer your membership and to fulfil our obligations to members
- to process and administer your participation in our networks for schools and programmes of work
- to send you information (including newsletters, publications and updates) on matters related to your membership and any programmes of work your organisation is engaged in
- to provide you with information and special offers from our sponsor partners
- to provide you with online services such as access to password protected sections of SSAT websites
- to enable you to subscribe to press release or newsletter services
- to enable us to deliver personalised online content or services, toolkits, learning resources, networking and virtual learning environments
- to help us continually improve our services
- to enable staff administration and employment/assignment of work for consultants
- to notify you of products, services and programmes offered by SSAT
- otherwise as reasonably required by SSAT and its affiliates to operate their business or as required by law
Sharing your information
SSAT and its affiliated organisations will use personal data relating to you. Such data may also be released to third parties (such as government organisations, service suppliers, schools or partners involved in the same programme of work, or sponsors). We will never sell mailing lists or make your personal data available to organisations other than those stated above.
While the personal data is stored within the EEA , we may transfer data to other countries worldwide including those without data protection laws. For any such transfers, however, we will follow ICO guidance on overseas transfers of data.
How and when we collect information about you
We collect information about you in these ways:
- when you register an account on our website, subscribe to press releases or email newsletters, book to attend an event, or purchase a product or service from our e-shop
- when you complete online enquiry and feedback forms
- we collect and analyse information about users’ activities on our websites to help us improve the services we offer
Cookies and usage tracking
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device. For more information see: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- we use Google Analytics to allow us to see which pages and posts are most popular. Google state: “Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions. These cookies are used to store information, such as what time the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page. Browsers do not share first-party cookies across domains.”
- we use Thunderhead One Engagement Hub to help personalise content on the website based on the activities you have carried out with us in the past
Queries about personal data
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or wish to request information about personal data held by us, please contact:
If you prefer not to receive marketing material from SSAT or receive information from our sponsor partners, please inform us of your name, organisation, address and whether you prefer not to receive this material by email, post or telephone, by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org