This new accreditation recognises the highly effective work that member schools do to engage and collaborate with parents and carers. It provides a national standard for schools to benchmark their practice against and national recognition of effective partnership work with parents and carers.
The audit framework
Available free of charge to all SSAT primary, secondary and special member schools, the Parental Partnership Audit can be used as a self-evaluation tool.
The framework focuses on five key areas relating to working in partnership with parents and carers:
- School ethos and culture
- Parent/carer engagement with learning and development
- Information exchange
- Consultation and feedback
- Impact and benefits for pupils and the wider school community
Within each strand you can decide which descriptor best fits your current practice: Beginning, Developing, Embedding or Transforming, enabling you to focus your improvement plans.
Not a member? – Join us today!
Accredit your practice
If you evaluate your practice as transforming in all 5 areas you can apply for accreditation.
The accreditation process is as follows:
- Complete the application form outlining the evidence you feel demonstrates your transforming practice.
- An SSAT Senior Education Lead will conduct a half-day moderation visit to your school to review and discuss the school’s systems and strategies. You will have the opportunity to present any evidence you feel relevant.
- Your visitor will provide a follow-up report providing feedback and identifying suggestions for further development where relevant. This report will confirm whether your school has met the criteria to be awarded.
- Your accreditation will be recognised with a certificate and a digital award logo.
Apply for accreditation
The full accreditation process costs £1075 for members, £1290 for non-members. All prices exclude VAT. The award is suitable for primary, secondary and special schools.
To apply, complete our short online booking form and one of the team will be in touch to send you your application form.
The accreditation process is usually completed in two months. There is some flexibility regarding this but once the process has started it has to be completed within six months. Please note no refunds will be issued.