An unmissable membership for primary, secondary and special schools
How to make bigger savings on powerful, whole school CPD, across every phase
Now’s the time to find really cost-effective ways of getting teachers excited again – about their own careers and the opportunities they create for young people. So this year we’ve made the biggest enhancements ever to SSAT membership.
Join us, share your challenges with other great schools and drive teacher retention with CPD and support for every level of your school community.
In tough times it makes sense to look outwards and see the different solutions other schools are embracing. Our networks keep you sane, purposeful and optimistic!
Sue Williamson, Chief Executive
Brand new exclusive benefits designed for primary, secondary and special schools
Dial up the critical role of middle leaders in your school
Membership now gives you increased places on SSAT’s Middle Leadership programme. A proven route to higher performance for middle leaders or aspiring middle leaders in your school. You get six free places on this member-exclusive programme.
Let’s make education the engine for deep social justice
Our new CPD programme, Leading for Equity and Excellence, develops the ethical leadership skills of your senior leaders, giving them tangible steps to driving forward of social justice. Membership gives you two free places on this member-exclusive leadership programme.
Culture is the proven key to staff retention. How’s your school performing?
Use our new whole-school resource, the School Culture Audit, to identify precisely where and how your workforce is currently engaged – or facing barriers. How do they feel about coming into work? Are they with you and on the same page in driving change? Members get to use the resource for free. Coming soon.
Membership gives you a comprehensive suite of CPD tools and programmes, with tailored support for primary, secondary and SEND settings.
- NEW Leading for Equity and Excellence programme
- NEW School Culture Audit
- NEW Annual member conferences
- NEW Middle Leader programmes for primary and SEND
- Free places on all SSAT member-exclusive leadership courses
- Leadership Legacy programme
- Accreditation for student leaders
- Discounts on all SSAT CPD programmes
- Support from SSAT experts tailored for primary, secondary, SEND and schools outside the UK
- UK’s leading resource library
- Free termly events and webinars
Become a member of SSAT by joining the right network for your school or get in touch to explore MAT or group membership offers.
Tap into the cumulative knowledge and experience of Britain’s longest established secondary school network. Membership includes support from SSAT’s wide ranging secondary education advisers and specialists.
Benefit from networking with other primary schools in our vibrant network. Share and learn with and from your peers via our exclusive webinars and events.
Benefit from networking with other special schools in our vibrant network. Share and learn with and from your peers via our exclusive online forum, webinars and events.
A network for schools outside of England and Wales. You benefit from a wide range of key SSAT member-exclusive opportunities.
Fighting for Deep Social Justice
This is the first in the series of pamphlets, and establishes the context and marks the beginning of SSAT’s campaign to fight for social justice in education; a conversation with schools and those who have a stake in advancing the social justice agenda.
Your membership benefits in full
Drive forward whole-school improvement using member-exclusive resources
- New: Assess your current school culture with SSAT’s School Culture Audit to support your school community in developing a culture that ensures high-quality educational experiences for every child.
- Engage with the SSAT Framework for Exceptional Education, the school improvement tool to review and evaluate practice at school or department level, identifying strengths and areas for improvement.
- Use SSAT’s Four Pillars of Curriculum Design to enable middle and senior leaders to respond to key questions about curriculum intent, content, delivery and experience.
- Highlight your commitment to positive, meaningful engagement with parents and students using our Parent Partnership Audit and Student Leadership Audit tools.
- Get access to tools and guidance such as SSAT’s Educational Outcomes database and benchmark your school’s performance against other schools nationally while identifying gaps for improvement.
Take advantage of unique opportunities to develop staff at different stages in their career, strengthening your retention strategy and succession planning
- New: Develop and enhance the ethical leadership skills of two senior leaders, underpinned by principles of social justice, with the brand new Leading for Equity and Excellence programme.
- New: Support the development of six middle leaders or aspiring middle leaders in your school through SSAT’s member-exclusive Middle Leadership programme.
- Nominate one teacher with leadership potential to participate in SSAT’s year-long Leadership Legacy Project, supporting their leadership development while shaping their vision and principles.
- Enhance the range of development opportunities for leaders and teachers by involving them in member-exclusive webinars led by member schools, SSAT Education Leads and partner organisations.
- Get exclusively discounted rates on all additional SSAT CPD opportunities to support school improvement.
Keep up to date with and make sense of changes to policy and practice; explore solutions that can work in your context
- Ensure all staff receive and have the opportunity to contribute to SSAT’s member updates and Journal publications, with valuable content, insights, and practical tips to navigate in an ever-changing educational landscape.
- Visit SSAT’s member-only online library of evidence informed publications and practical resources, available to all colleagues to help you find the inspiration needed to innovate.
- Join termly webinars facilitated by SSAT experts and guest speakers, with updates and guidance on topical educational news, policy and practice while exploring school improvement solutions suited to your context.
- Encourage senior staff to be inspired, network and learn from other schools and experts with one free pass to SSAT’s members’ conference.
Formally recognise students and teachers for the contributions they make to your school community
- Give your students the formal recognition they deserve with SSAT’s Student Leadership Accreditation, providing a structured way to recognise your learners’ leadership activities both in and outside of school.
- Collaborate with other schools in the network and share your school successes nationally by contributing to SSAT events and activities and have your achievements recognised through the SSAT network.
Contribute to discussions on national issues that affect our schools, students and teachers
- Get ongoing access to various email and online forums, publications, webinars, roundtable discussions, and Q&A sessions with policy makers and thought leaders.
- Stay connected to the issues that matter as we continue to work with influential organisations, charities and individuals such as Rt Hon David Lammy MP, patron of SSAT’s Deep Social Justice campaign.
Your package includes all the core membership benefits detailed – plus tailor-made support from SSAT’s experienced Relationship Management team.
Prices exclusive of VAT