Race and Conscious Equality (RACE) Charter Mark is for schools wishing to demonstrate their commitment to action and improvement in relation to race equality in all aspects of their work, as educators, employers and community leaders.
Participating schools will be able to:
- Access three high quality training sessions facilitated by leaders with extensive school leadership experience and expertise in issues related to race, diversity and inclusion. Sessions target either governors, senior leaders or middles leaders.
- Evaluate their practice using criteria and rubric from the RACE self-evaluation tool.
- Complete an action plan which highlights how effective practice is and will continued to be implemented and sustained.
- Receive feedback and recommendations based on the action plan, supporting evidence and discussion to move conversation and action forward.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Charter Mark certificate at bronze, silver or gold level.
- Share practice and learn from what other schools are doing in this important area.
The RACE Charter Mark is delivered by Fig Tree International and awarded by SSAT.
For further information and to apply visit https://figtreeinternational.org.uk/race-charter-mark.
RACE Charter Mark Lead Practitioner accreditation
SSAT and Figtree International are delighted to announce a special Lead Practitioner accreditation opportunity, designed for colleagues working in roles as equality, diversity and inclusion coordinators or those leading aspects of this work in your school.
The accreditation is open to any teacher, support staff or leader who has in any way contributed to the work around EDI in their school. The programme enables participants to further develop the skills, knowledge and understanding as they drive forward this crucially important aspect of education. Importantly, accreditation will be largely based on work that has already been carried out by those leading aspects of EDI, with this work accounting for up to 70% of the portfolio.
To express your interest and receive further information, including the RACE LP mapping document, please complete this short form.