Race and Conscious Equality (RACE) Charter Mark is for schools wishing to demonstrate their commitment to action and improvement in relation to race equality in all aspects of their work, as educators, employers and community leaders.
Participating schools will be able to:
- Access three high quality training sessions facilitated by leaders with extensive school leadership experience and expertise in issues related to race, diversity and inclusion. Sessions target either governors, senior leaders or middles leaders.
- Evaluate their practice using criteria and rubric from the RACE self-evaluation tool.
- Complete an action plan which highlights how effective practice is and will continued to be implemented and sustained.
- Receive feedback and recommendations based on the action plan, supporting evidence and discussion to move conversation and action forward.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Charter Mark certificate at bronze, silver or gold level.
- Share practice and learn from what other schools are doing in this important area.
The RACE Charter Mark is delivered by Fig Tree International and awarded by SSAT.
For further information and to apply visit https://figtreeinternational.org.uk/race-charter-mark.