SSAT delivers impact and excellence by providing a framework for exceptional education focused on teaching and learning, professional practice and leadership.
SSAT’s networks offer membership to schools in all phases of education across the country and worldwide. Establishing strong communities of schools that connect like-minded school leaders and teachers, membership inspires through a range of benefits that are refreshed to adapt to changes in the educational landscape.
SSAT is a leading national provider of training and development for school leaders at all stages. We are immensely proud of our reputation for excellence and of our thousands of leadership alumni who inspire and impact children and young people every day. Whether you are just beginning your leadership journey or are a system leader, our cutting edge programmes will enable you to be the best leader you can be.
Embedding Formative Assessment
A two-year professional development programme for all schools and colleges that has been independently proven to increase student achievement.
Lead Practitioner Accreditation
This is a nationally recognised status of excellent practice in education. The accreditation drives whole-school improvement by building a culture of evidence-informed teaching and learning and can be provided to teachers and staff at an individual or cohort level.
- We bring a national perspective
- We are independent from government
- We have a reputation for quality
- We offer training and development rooted in evidence and research
- We provide support proven to have lasting and sustainable impact
- We act with a strong moral purpose, underpinned by a deep motivation for social justice.
Join the network
Become part of the largest and most active network of schools in the country.
Whether you are a primary, secondary or special school, SSAT membership offers rich opportunities for inspiring and purposeful collaboration with other like-minded school leaders.
- Free monthly webinars facilitated by SSAT experts and guest speakers
- Visit SSAT’s member-only online library of evidence informed publications and resources
- Nominate a teacher with leadership potential to participate free in SSAT’s Leadership Legacy Project
- Recognise your students with SSAT’s Student Leadership Accreditation
- Discounted rates on all SSAT CPD opportunities
- And more…
The latest from our blog
Current advice and ideas from SSAT members and advisers.
By Benjamin Sharratt, Vice Principal, GEMS Wellington International School, Dubai Welcome to the first article in a series dedicated to exploring...
Julian Grant, EFA Mentor and SSAT quality assurance lead for the EFA programme shares his insights from discussions with schools. My background as a...
Boston High School in Lincolnshire has enjoyed a successful first year undertaking the Embedding Formative Assessment EFA programme, at the end of...