Explore the powerful benefits of coaching and develop key coaching skills with SSAT
Coaching is increasingly being used by leaders and practitioners in schools to develop and get the best out of people. It plays an important part in building positive working and learning cultures.
There’s a wealth of evidence that demonstrates how coaching can unlock potential and maximise performance. Coaching is an invaluable part of a toolkit which equips us to empower others so that they can to find solutions to issues and pathways to achieve their goals.
This enjoyable, interactive one-day training event is designed to introduce participants to skills and knowledge they can more confidently use to support different aspects of their roles, whether developing others, managing performance, building capacity or leading change/improvement for example.
We hope that offering this Saturday training day will present an additional opportunity for anyone curious about coaching to attend. This is an ideal day for those about to begin their coaching journey or wanting to refresh learning.
- Unpacking what coaching is and what it is not.
- Introducing GROW – a coaching model to use in your role and across your school/organisation.
- Developing key coaching skills.
- Practising coaching skills.
- Considering the next steps for coaching in your role and your school/organisation.
Attendees will leave the day:
- With better understanding of what coaching is and how it can help.
- Motivated and sufficiently confident to begin to integrate a coaching approach into their practice.
- Equipped with ideas and resources to try out some coaching conversations.
- Prepared to make the case for further exploring coaching in their places of work.
- With an extended network with whom they can share practice.
Previously Acting Principal at Ark Evelyn Grace Academy, Angelina’s school leadership career has been largely focused on south London schools in diverse, vibrant yet challenging communities. Angelina has extensive experience of developing practitioners at all levels, and of using coaching to achieve these aims. A qualified MFL teacher, TEFL trained and formerly Head of iNet (the international arm of SSAT), Angelina has wide experience of teaching in and supporting schools internationally.
£285 + VAT (members)
£325 + VAT (non-members)
Saturday 16 November 2019
9:30am – 3:30pm
Saturday 8 February 2020
9:30am – 3:30pm