Introduction to Coaching
Coaching is increasingly being used by leaders and practitioners in schools to develop and get the best out of people. It plays an important part in building positive working and learning cultures. This online course provides a comprehensive introduction for those about to begin their coaching journey or wanting to refresh their learning.
28 February 2024
15:30 - 18:00
Need more information?
Get in touch or call 020 7802 0955
Coaching has become an increasingly vital tool for leaders and educators, serving as a means to unlock individuals’ potential and elevate performance. It plays an important role in cultivating positive working and learning environments.
A wealth of evidence showcases the transformative impact of coaching in harnessing potential and optimising performance. Coaching serves as an indispensable asset in our toolkit, enabling us to empower individuals to discover solutions to challenges and chart pathways to realising their aspirations.
This programme offers a comprehensive – starting point for those embarking on their coaching journey or looking to revitalise their coaching knowledge.
The programme will equip participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to confidently support the different aspects of their roles. Whether it involves nurturing the growth of others, managing performance, enhancing capacity, or spearheading change and improvement, this programme ensures participants are well-prepared to support colleagues to excel in their roles.
Attendees will finish the course:
- With better understanding of what coaching is and how it can help.
- Motivated and sufficiently confident to begin to integrate a coaching approach into their practice.
- Equipped with ideas and resources to try out some coaching conversations.
- Prepared to make the case for further exploring coaching in their places of work.
- With an extended network with whom they can share practice.
How does it work?
The programme will take place over two 2.5 hour live online seminars, supported by follow up activities and reading.
Wednesday 28 February 2024
- What coaching is and what it is not.
- What makes a great coach?
- The coaching contract.
- Building rapport.
- Introducing GROW – a coaching model to use in your role and across your school/organisation.
- Practice coaching.
Wednesday 20 March 2024
- Listening skills.
- Practice coaching in pairs.
- Giving feedback.
- Challenging limiting beliefs.
- Common issues for coaching conversations.
- Practice coaching in trios.
- Examples of some different coaching models.
- Next steps for coaching in your role and your school/organisation.
Are you looking for bespoke training?
SSAT can deliver this programme bespoke to your school. Get in touch today to get more information.
Teachers and leaders in primary, secondary and special schools with some initial coaching experience or those just starting their coaching journey.
Angelina joined SSAT as a Director in 2017. Her previous roles included Acting Principal and Senior Vice Principal. Angelina’s leadership career has been largely focused on south London schools in diverse, vibrant, challenging contexts. Angelina is driven by an unwavering belief in the difference a high-quality learning experience makes to the life chances of young people. She has extensive experience of developing teachers and leaders at all levels, nationally and internationally, and is an experienced, qualified coach.
Date and location
Wednesday 28 February 2024
15:30 – 18:00
Contact us or call 020 7802 0955.
Get in touch