In recent years, the pace of change around curriculum and assessment has been unprecedented. Are you confident that:
- you and your team have understood all the curriculum and assessment changes that have been introduced in the last few years?
- the changes made to curriculum and assessment in your school last year are right?
- that the professional dialogue about developing assessment without levels is robust, rigorous and appropriate?
SSAT’s Curriculum and Assessment: Inset in a box is an indispensable resource that will provide a framework for you to review your work to date and to plan your next steps.
This resource is ideal for any school that is currently thinking about their practice with regard to either curriculum or assessment or both. Whether you have already undertaken a lot of work with your team, or whether you are in the early stages of reviewing your approach, you will find that the materials provoke interesting questions, offer reassurance that you have considered all angles and help to clarify your thinking on key issues.
The resource provides:
- A step-by-step guide to developing a principled approach to curriculum design and to developing a new assessment model
- Case studies from schools who are already well on their way
- ‘Making sense of change’ – a presentation which provides a detailed overview of all of the policy change relating to curriculum and assessment (This is updated as needed and schools that have purchased the resource will receive updated slides whenever it is revised).
- Curriculum presentation – slides which introduce your team to the principles of effective curriculum design and provide a step-by-step guide to developing your approaches.
- Curriculum activities – a range of activities which can be used in staff training.
- Assessment presentation – slides which introduce your team to the principles of effective assessment design and provide a step-by-step guide to developing your approaches.
- Departmental activities – slides and activities that support your departments in translating principle into practice.
- Briefing papers on the recent history of curriculum and assessment policy and practice.
We don’t believe that there can be any one-size-fits-all solutions to planning for curriculum and assessment. This resource is designed to make the most of the professionalism and expertise of your staff, prompting the right questions and supporting you in identifying the approaches that will work best for your students.
Normal price: £149 +VAT
Member price: £99 +VAT
Plus £2.95 postage and packaging