Why join the SSAT Special Schools and SEN Network?
Because our view is that outstanding special schools concentrate on one overriding goal: ensuring students can fulfill their potential in an increasingly complex world. SSAT Special Schools and SEN membership helps you to be outstanding – in every sense of the word. As special schools wrestle with the system changes of the revised SEN Code of Practice, SEN funding reform and the complexities of student needs, SSAT support you to get to the next level.
The SSAT Special Schools and SEN Network’s fundamental purpose is to enhance the understanding and skills of specialist teachers, specialist support staff and specialist leaders to raise aspirations and provide realistic progression opportunities for all vulnerable learners. It offers networking opportunities for special schools, mainstream SEN leaders, and professionals responsible for SEN learners in other settings. A huge range of CPD oppportunities are available, find out more below.
As the hub of the largest and longest-standing network of school leaders and forward-looking teachers in England, SSAT Special Schools and SEN Membership enables you to collaborate meaningfully with other schools – learning from your peers, measuring your improvements against theirs and sharing your achievements. The SSAT Special Schools and SEN Network promotes the partnerships of schools who share school performance priorities – ensuring you never feel isolated.
- SSAT members enjoy round-the-clock use of our extensive email networks, giving them instant and practical advice from other school leaders.
- Annual SEN conference – bringing the network together to discuss current issues.
- Termly regional networking events give the opportunity to share knowledge and achievements on your doorstep.
- The opportunity to become part of the Special Schools and SEN Headteacher Steering Group.
- An SSAT brokering service is available, connecting members who share similar challenges.
- Find solutions to problems and share your successes with special schools across England through SSAT’s SEN e-forum.
Special Schools and SEN membership gives you privileged access to our expert CPD courses and education conferences. Enjoy extensive and regular updates of the latest research, policy and subject expertise direct to your inbox – the knowledge you need to take you to the next level.
- Receive fortnightly expert and impartial updates on policy and curriculum developments.
- Sign up members of staff to SSAT’s weekly SEN update.
- Join multiple special school focus groups.
- Enjoy up to 33% off the standard price of SSAT CPD, including TEEP – SEN.
Joining the SSAT Special Schools and SEN Network
Membership is for twelve months from the day you join and the annual membership fee is £399 + VAT.
To join, download and complete an application form below and return to email@example.com.