Application and Interview Support for Headship Positions
Prepare for your next promotion
If you are applying for a new job, it is important to be prepared and ready for the process. While some people may seem to sail through, there are things all of us can do to improve our chances of success.
Tuesday 27 February 2024
15:30 - 17:30
Two modules delivered online. Modules can be purchased individually if desired.
Need more information? Get in touch or call 020 7802 0955
The SSAT Applications and Interviews modules provide practical support for anyone applying for headship.
There are two online modules, the first covers the application process and writing a successful application.
The second addresses what to expect on interview, offering guidance and the opportunity for practicing responses to common questions. Modules are supported by inter-sessional activities and resources.
The modules are led by the SSAT Education Team and practising school leaders. We hope these modules will help you not just get a job, but to want the job you get – ensuring it is a good fit.
Who is this for?
Senior leaders aspiring to headship.
- Increased confidence in managing the application and interview process
- Identification of the roles and contexts that suit your values, strengths, experiences and aspirations.
- Boost your chances of a successful application.
Dr Keven Bartle, Senior Education Lead, SSAT
Keven has been a teacher for almost three decades and was headteacher at a richly diverse secondary school in London for nine years. Through his career, Keven has been committed to the power of education for social justice and transformation, working in schools where staff make a difference to the lives of children, families and communities.
*Participants can purchase places on individual modules (applications/interviews) or both.
Module 1: Applications for headship
Tuesday 27 February 2024, 15:30 – 17:30
- Where do you want to be a headteacher or principal?
- Knowing your strengths, the school and meeting the job requirements.
- Communicating your vision and values.
- Writing a strong application letter and personal statement.
Module 2: Headship interviews
Tuesday 12 March 2024, 15:30 – 17:30
- What are headship interviews like?
- What are governors and interviewers looking for?
- Managing the interview process.
- Preparation and practice interview.
Date and location
Join SSAT for free access to our widest range of CPD programmes, tools and resources.
New benefits for all phases:
- Middle Leadership
- Leadership for Equity and Excellence
- School Culture Audit
Contact us or call 020 7802 0955.
Get in touch