Are you looking for fresh inspiration to take your school to outstanding and beyond?
This programme explores the areas set out in the new Ofsted framework through visits to four outstanding schools across the country. You will have valuable time to reflect, discuss and share strategies for school improvement as well as considering excellent practice through the lens of SSAT’s Framework for Exceptional Education. A great benefit of this programme is that you can send different colleagues to events in order to share the learning across your team.
This programme is designed for secondary schools only.
Event one: The quality of education
- Curriculum intent, implementation and impact
- Developing knowledge and cultural capital
- Assessment and progress
- Addressing disadvantage and supporting pupils with SEND
- Teaching and learning
Event two: Behaviour and attitudes
- School culture
- Attendance and punctuality
- Effective behaviour management
- Positive attitudes to learning, the life of the school and community
Event three: Personal development
- Providing rich experiences and extra-curricular activities
- Developing character and active citizenship
- Health and wellbeing
- Spiritual, moral, social, cultural (SMSC) development
- Career guidance and advice
Event four: Leading and management
- Leadership at all levels
- Continuing professional development and improving teaching
- Staff well-being and workload
Event five: SSAT National Conference
Join day one of the SSAT National Conference and find out how to embed a culture or creativity across your MAT, discover what innovative pedagogy looks like, and celebrate the transformative power of education.