At SSAT we know from our conversations with school leaders that securing and maintaining high levels of attendance, whatever your context and no matter what the challenges, has to be tackled as a priority.
The links between good attendance, progress and attainment and future success are evidenced in research and outcomes in schools and destinations. We know that in school, every day matters and every learning experience counts towards a successful future for individual learners.
This detailed audit tool allows you to review your whole school practices covering the following seven focus areas:
- Attendance and Punctuality Policy and Strategy: A focus on the policy and strategies used to address attendance and punctuality.
- Leadership and Management of Attendance and Punctuality: An overview of the roles and responsibilities undertaken by staff and the relationship between stakeholders to monitor and improve attendance and punctuality.
- Aims, Targets and KPI’s: Explore the specific targets and key performance indicators for the school/academy.
- Systems and Procedures: An analysis of the criteria and monitoring procedures to support improvements in attendance and punctuality.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: What are the particular methods and what is the evaluation framework used to monitor, challenge and evaluate attendance approaches and procedures to support improving attendance?
- Attendance Data and Interventions: How is data used and analysed to support improvements to attendance and punctuality?
- Parental and Community Engagement: How has the school/academy engaged and raised the profile of attendance with the wider community?
The audit is accompanied by a set of self-assessment criteria, based on SSAT’s well-respected Framework for Exceptional Education, giving you a framework to rate your own practice as beginning, developing, embedding or transforming, and providing structure for subsequent development.
The audit can be purchased as a stand-alone self-assessment tool or as part of our Improving whole school attendance and punctuality programme which includes a meeting with an SSAT Education Lead to review and discuss your audit findings, identifying areas of focus and new strategies to implement.