The Framework for Exceptional Education
The Framework for Exceptional Education is a self-review and planning framework supporting you in taking a fresh look at your current practice – offering a principled approach to school improvement that takes you beyond statutory inspection frameworks, available to download from the Exchange as part of your SSAT Primary membership.
Take the next step and apply for accreditation
As a good or outstanding primary school, you can also now apply for accreditation in the framework, recognising areas of exceptional practice in your school and offering you a robust review and action-planning process to support ongoing improvement.
On the journey to accreditation, you’ll be working in ten strands of practice within three overarching areas:
- Professional knowledge of the classroom
- Professional disciplines
- Strategic leadership of learning
Within each strand there are four stages of progression to becoming world class:
What does accreditation involve?
- Complete and submit an audit and action plan, moderated by SSAT, and gain your badge for fully engaging in the programme
- Get feedback and advice from SSAT on the documentation you’ve submitted, to support you on journey to ‘transforming’ within the framework
- Network with other schools who are working on the programme in our online collaboration platform
- Self-evaluate your school as ‘transforming’ in one or more of the criteria within the framework, submit a testimonial from a leader in another school or external consultant working closely with you to verify your evidence, arrange an SSAT validation visit, and gain your badge for ‘transforming’
Be supported through the process
Throughout the accreditation process we’ll provide you with templates, exemplar materials and CPD information (from the highly respected TEEP, Lead Practitioner and Peer Review programmes). And an accreditation visit will delve into your areas of best practice, celebrate it and showcase it across the SSAT Primary network and beyond.
This Framework has revolutionised our work as a leadership group in terms of the conversations we have about school improvement across the school. It has become a standing item for reflection on our Leadership Group minutes and has led us towards a more creative and reflective dialogue with our middle leaders. This in turn is already inspiring colleagues across the school to come up with creative solutions and strategies for improvement.
Get in touch with us today to find out more and discuss your path to accreditation.