Becoming a Lead Practitioner Learning Centre (LPLC) means becoming a centre of excellence for the training and support of aspiring Lead Practitioners. This opportunity is open to schools and Teaching School Alliances.
Each LPLC will be responsible for recruiting, training and running their own cohort of aspiring Lead Practitioners. Using the nationally recognised SSAT Lead Practitioner Accreditation, these individuals will be formally recognised and rewarded for the work and its impact as they carry out action research projects linked to local priorities.
Becoming an LPLC is a progression option for schools to consider, so they can use their experience to develop more Lead Practitioners in both their own school or across their Multi Academy Trust, Teaching School Alliance or other cluster.
- Provides an opportunity to work with other schools in your cluster and support local projects.
- Enables your school to become a hub of excellence for Lead Practitioners who make significant contributions to the education profession.
- Provides a professional development opportunity for existing Lead Practitioners within school, to lead these sessions to further develop their presenting, coaching and leadership skills.
- The potential to have a Lead Practitioner accreditation moderator (or team) trained in each LPLC.
- A business opportunity for schools, LPLC’s can charge schools directly for the training they deliver and generate income for the school.
Case study – Shenley Academy
Following the success of their own first cohort of Lead Practitioners in school Shenley Academy have become the first LPLC in the Midlands. They intend to use the accreditation to recognise the work of those in their area who not only demonstrate outstanding expertise in their field but also lead colleagues to improve their practice; leading to positive impact on pupil learning. Read more about Shenley Academy’s programme here.
Any school with an existing cohort of Lead Practitioners may like to consider the opportunity to become a Lead Practitioner Learning Centre. Schools considering beginning Lead Practitioner can have the progression route to becoming an LPLC firmly in their plans for the future.
For more information on the LPLC opportunity please get in touch with us by email.