NEW SSAT member-exclusive leadership programmes
We know how important strong leadership at all levels is to school improvement. Just as ‘teachers change lives’, ‘leaders set the weather’. We want to inspire and equip more leaders than ever before.
That’s why from October 2022 SSAT will be launching two new member-exclusive leadership programmes. Secondary member schools will be able to book one FREE place on our Middle Leadership programme and one on the Aspirant Headteacher programme. (Additional places are also available to purchase).
This is an exciting new addition to SSAT membership and we are looking forward to supporting more leaders in their development and in achieving their career goals. The leadership programmes will draw upon all the expertise and experience we have gathered supporting and training school leaders.
What content will be covered?
Each programme covers five essential leadership modules to equip leaders for current and future roles.
Middle Leadership programme
- Vision, values and moral purpose
- Developing your leadership approach
- Leading and managing innovation and change
- Quality assurance
- Building a high performing team
Aspirant Headteacher programme
- Leadership through moral purpose
- School culture
- Leading school improvement and organisational management
- Quality assurance and managing performance
- Governance and accountability
How will the programmes be delivered?
Both programmes will be delivered by the SSAT Education Team as five online seminars, from 3.30-5.30pm over one term. The Aspirant Headteacher programme will also include inputs from headteachers across the SSAT network.
When do programmes start?
Autumn term launch dates:
- SSAT Aspirant Headteacher programme starts Wednesday 5 October 2022, 3.30-5.30pm (online)
- SSAT Middle Leadership programme starts Thursday 6 October 2022, 3.30-5.30pm (online)
How do I sign up?
The closing date for autumn applications is Friday 30 September 2022.