Global Learning Programme (GLP) is a funded programme of support that is helping teachers in primary, secondary and special schools deliver effective teaching and learning around development and global issues at Key Stages 2 and 3.
Together with free training, guidance, resources, and funded CPD, the GLP is building a national network of like-minded schools committed to equipping their students to make a positive contribution to a globalised world.
Thousands of GLP schools across the country are already experiencing the positive impact that global learning can have on pupils’ engagement, knowledge, skills and values.
SSAT’s role within the Global Learning Programme has been to:
- Assist with the identification and recruitment of schools to be leading schools
- Train and accredit groups of GLP Lead Practitioners
- Work with other GLP partners to develop, design and deliver training and professional development materials and opportunities
- Support the general delivery of the programme through the engagement of SSAT members schools
- Participate at strategic and operational board level to ensure the successful delivery of the programme
Why take part?
Schools participating in the GLP will experience the exciting impact that knowledge and understanding of global learning can bring to pupils’ learning across the curriculum. The GLP will also help schools develop an ethos promoting tolerance, fairness and respect.
SSAT member schools like Fulham Boys explain why they have taken part in the GLP programme and the benefits it is bringing here
To help your school be part of this please visit the GLP website.