New online twilight seminar series for everyone beginning their NQT year
Designed to complement and enhance existing school/academy NQT provision, the SSAT NQT Inspirations seminar series will:
- Highlight the positive, rewarding aspects of the profession that keep teachers inspired
- Address issues and challenges NQTs are likely to face in this important year
- Engage participants in a national network from which they can draw ideas and collaborate
Year round inspirations
Participants will be able to access:
- Series of half-termly twilight webinars
- Online platform signposting practical resources and inspirational reading, plus recordings of webinar sessions
- Online network of peers from around the country
The live online seminars will consider different questions that NQTs will have including:
- Inspiration 1 – 4 November 2020
What does setting and maintaining high expectations look like in classrooms?
- Inspiration 2 – 9 December 2020
How do students learn?
- Inspiration 3 – 24 February 2021
What can NQTs do to promote diversity, equality and inclusion as part of their practice?
- Inspiration 4 – 24 March 2021
How can someone new to the profession hone their knowledge, skills and subject expertise?
- Inspiration 5 – 19 May 2021
What difference can embedding formative assessment strategies make to the children we teach?
- Inspiration 6 – 7 July 2021
How as professionals can we strike the right balance between workload and wellbeing?
Participants joining the full seminar series will:
- gain insights into and encouragement from how others have successfully completed their NQT year
- be better equipped to consolidate their understanding of the teacher standards and how to apply them
- be able to access resources to support practice and evidence gathering for their portfolio
- have opportunity to build networks and develop and sustain confidence, resilience and motivation
- find out how SSAT can provide ongoing inspiration, support and development not only this year but through their entire professional journey.
From an SSAT member school? Watch the 60-minute webinar “Surviving and thriving in your NQT year” on the Exchange.
Seminars will take place half-termly. Join the programme at any time
All live webinars will take place:
3:45pm – 4:45pm
NQTs and RQTs
Launch session only:
Free to staff in SSAT member schools
£185 (individuals self-funding)
£185 (member schools)
£225 (non-member schools)
All prices exclusive of VAT
Discounts are available for group bookings of more than 5 places – please contact email@example.com for more information.