New online twilight seminar series for everyone beginning their NQT year
Designed to complement and enhance existing school/academy NQT provision, the SSAT NQT Inspirations seminar series will:
- Highlight the positive, rewarding aspects of the profession that keep teachers inspired
- Address issues and challenges NQTs are likely to face in this important year
- Engage participants in a national network from which they can draw ideas and collaborate
Surviving and thriving in your NQT year – Free launch for SSAT members
The programme starts with a launch seminar on 23 September which is free to attend for all NQT staff from SSAT member schools. Headteachers and Senior Leaders supporting their NQTs are also welcome to attend.
The launch will take the form of a 60-minute live webinar, 3.45-4.45pm “Surviving and thriving in your NQT year”
The session will provide:
- Energising insights and practical tips to help NQTs lay the foundations for the year ahead
- Expert inputs as NQTs get to grips with the teacher’s standards, early careers framework and their portfolios
- An overview of the 6 session NQT Inspirations series
Year round inspirations
The launch can be viewed as a standalone session, however we encourage colleagues to join our year long programme of support. Participants will be able to access:
- Series of half-termly twilight webinars
- Online platform signposting practical resources and inspirational reading, plus recordings of webinar sessions
- Online network of peers from around the country
The live online seminars will consider different questions that NQTs will have including:
- Inspiration 1 – 4 November 2020
What does setting and maintaining high expectations look like in classrooms?
- Inspiration 2 – 9 December 2020
How do students learn?
- Inspiration 3 – 24 February 2021
What can NQTs do to promote diversity, equality and inclusion as part of their practice?
- Inspiration 4 – 24 March 2021
How can someone new to the profession hone their knowledge, skills and subject expertise?
- Inspiration 5 – 19 May 2021
What difference can embedding formative assessment strategies make to the children we teach?
- Inspiration 6 – 7 July 2021
How as professionals can we strike the right balance between workload and wellbeing?
Participants joining the full seminar series will:
- gain insights into and encouragement from how others have successfully completed their NQT year
- be better equipped to consolidate their understanding of the teacher standards and how to apply them
- be able to access resources to support practice and evidence gathering for their portfolio
- have opportunity to build networks and develop and sustain confidence, resilience and motivation
- find out how SSAT can provide ongoing inspiration, support and development not only this year but through their entire professional journey.
Subsequent webinars will take place half-termly – dates TBC
All live webinars will take place:
3:45pm – 4:45pm
Launch session only:
Free to staff in SSAT member schools
£185 (individuals self-funding)
£185 (member schools)
£225 (non-member schools)
All prices exclusive of VAT
Discounts are available for group bookings of more than 5 places – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.