SSAT’s Special Schools and SEND Network brings together special schools from across the country, creating opportunities for special school leaders and SEND teachers to collaborate and share knowledge, inspiration and best practice.
To find out more about the benefits of SSAT’s Special Schools and SEND Network membership or group deals that we are able to offer your MAT, please register your interest below. For further queries, get in touch with us by email or call our team on 020 7802 0955.
Complete the application form below to join the SSAT Special Schools and SEND Network today.
Membership is for twelve months from the day you join and costs £419 + VAT. Or you can save £68 by joining for 24 months for just £770 + VAT. Please indicate your preferred length of membership on the application form.
Eddy Wharton, Headteacher, Ganton School
What SSAT’s Special Schools and SEND Network membership offers you and your school community in 2021/22:
- Drive forward whole-school improvement using member-exclusive resources
- Take advantage of unique opportunities to develop staff at different stages in their career, strengthening your retention strategy and succession planning
- Keep up to date with and make sense of changes to policy and practice; explore solutions that can work in your context
- Give your students and teachers the formal recognition they deserve for the contributions they make to your school community
- Contribute to discussions on national issues that affect our schools, students and teachers
Drive forward whole-school improvement using member-exclusive resources
- Engage with the SSAT Framework for Exceptional Education, a school improvement tool to review and evaluate practice at school or department level, identifying strengths and areas for improvement
- Highlight your commitment to positive, meaningful engagement with parents and students using our Parent Partnership and Student Leadership audit tools
- Use SSAT’s Four Pillars of Curriculum Design to enable middle and senior leaders to respond to key questions about curriculum intent, content, delivery and experience
- Visit SSAT’s member-only online library of evidence informed publications and practical resources, available to all colleagues to help you find the inspiration needed to innovate
Michael Todd, Deputy Headteacher, Bishop Thomas Grant Catholic Secondary School
Take advantage of unique opportunities to develop staff at different stages in their career, strengthening your retention strategy and succession planning
- Encourage all staff undertaking their first few years in teaching to participate in the launch of our exciting new SSAT Early Career Teacher Inspirations live, online series with opportunities to participate in further developmental sessions
- Enhance the range of development opportunities for senior leaders by involving them in member-exclusive webinars and other online activity
- Encourage senior colleagues to attend the SSAT Annual SEND Conference to network and learn from other schools and experts in the network
- Attend the SSAT National Conference at discounted member rates to gain renewed inspiration and practical insights to take away and implement at your school
- Get exclusive access to discounted rates on all SSAT CPD opportunities to support school improvement, including the Leading Outstanding Special Schools programme
Mark Wignall, Headteacher, Downlands Community School
Keep up to date with and make sense of changes to policy and practice; explore solutions that can work in your context
- Ensure all staff receive regular e-newsletters, the fortnightly SEND Update and termly SEND Radar, with news, resources and opinion from SEND interest groups and the latest case studies and research outcomes
- Access SEND Consultancy – a service that gives you access to up-to-date SEND information and applying the latest national policy updates to the context of your school’s priorities, tailored to your intended outcomes
- Join monthly webinars facilitated by SSAT experts and guest speakers. These provide updates and guidance on topical educational news, policy and practice and explore school improvement solutions suited to your context
Andrew Roberts, Headteacher, Riverside School
Give your students and teachers the formal recognition they deserve for the contributions they make to your school community
- Give your students the formal recognition they deserve with SSAT’s Student and Pupil Leadership Accreditation schemes, offering a way to give structure and recognition to your learners’ leadership activities both in and outside of school
- Nominate a colleague as an SSAT School Hero each week, where SSAT will send an e-postcard in recognition of a contribution made to the school community
- Praise a student’s efforts with an SSAT Student Hero of the Term certificate towards the end of each half term
- Collaborate with other schools in the network and share your school successes nationally by contributing to SSAT events and activities and have your achievements recognised through the SSAT network
Esther Holland, Headteacher, Central Foundation Girls’ School
Contribute to discussions on national issues that affect our schools, students and teachers
- Get ongoing access to SSAT’s Special School Network email forum, webinars, discussion dinners, roundtable discussions, Q&A sessions with policy makers and thought leaders, and publications.
- Stay connected to the issues that matter as we continue to work with influential organisations, charities and individuals such as Rt Hon David Lammy MP, patron of SSAT’s Deep Social Justice campaign
Stephen Tierney, Former CEO, Blessed Edward Bamber Multi-Academy Trust
Join the SSAT Special Schools and SEND Network
Membership is for twelve months from the day you join and is £419 + VAT.
Or you can save £68 by joining for 24 months for just £770 + VAT. Please indicate your preferred length of membership on the application form.
If you have any queries or would like to find out about group membership offers, please get in touch with us by email or call our team on 020 7802 0955.
To join, complete the form below.
SSAT Membership Network
SSAT’s networks offer membership to schools and MATs in all phases of education across the country and worldwide.