SSAT Special Schools and SEND Network membership
Brand new exclusive benefit for 2022
SSAT Leadership Legacy Project – One FREE place for member special schools
Nominate a teacher in their first 2-5 years of teaching in a special setting, to participate in SSAT’s Leadership Legacy Project, supporting their leadership development over the course of a year.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Visit SSAT’s member-only online library of evidence informed publications, tools, and resources
- Participate in termly webinars facilitated by SSAT experts and guest speakers
- Use your school’s SSAT Annual SEND Conference pass to get inspiration and learn from other schools and experts
- Unlock the leadership potential of a teacher as part of SSAT’s year-long Leadership Legacy Project
- Receive a fortnightly SEND Update direct to your mailbox, for all your school staff
- Recognise your learners’ leadership development with SSAT’s Student and Pupil Leadership Accreditation schemes
- Collaborate with other schools in the network and share your school successes nationally
- Access discounted rates on all additional SSAT CPD opportunities
- And more…
What SSAT Membership gives you…
Drive forward whole-school improvement using member-exclusive resources
- Engage with the SSAT Framework for Exceptional Education, the school improvement tool to review and evaluate practice at school or department level, identifying strengths and areas for improvement
- Highlight your commitment to positive, meaningful engagement with parents and students using our Parent Partnership Audit and Student Leadership Audit tools
- Use SSAT’s Four Pillars of Curriculum Design to enable middle and senior leaders to respond to key questions about curriculum intent, content, delivery and experience
- Visit SSAT’s member-only online library of evidence informed publications and practical resources, available to all colleagues to help you find the inspiration needed to innovate
Take advantage of unique opportunities to develop staff at different stages in their career, strengthening your retention strategy and succession planning
- NEW: Nominate a teacher in their first 2-5 years of teaching in a special setting, to participate in SSAT’s Leadership Legacy Project, supporting their leadership development over the course of a year, while shaping their vision and principles.
- Get exclusive access to the Leading Outstanding Special Schools programme and discounted rates on all SSAT CPD opportunities to support school improvement.
- Encourage senior colleagues to attend the SSAT Annual SEND Conference to network and learn from other schools and experts in the network
- Enhance the range of development opportunities for leaders and teachers by involving them in member-exclusive webinars led by member schools, SSAT Education Leads and partner organisations
Keep up to date with and make sense of changes to policy and practice; explore solutions that can work in your context
- Ensure all staff receive and engage with the fortnightly SEND Update and the termly SSAT Journal, with news, resources, opinion from SEND interest groups, and the latest case studies and research outcomes
- Access SEND Consultancy – a service that gives you access to up-to-date SEND information and applying the latest national policy updates to the context of your school’s priorities, tailored to your intended outcomes
- Join termly webinars facilitated by practitioners, SSAT experts and guest speakers with updates and guidance on topical educational news, policy and practice while exploring school improvement solutions suited to your context
Formally recognise students and teachers for the contributions they make to your school community
- Give your students the formal recognition they deserve with SSAT’s Student and Pupil Leadership Accreditation schemes, offering a way to give structure and recognition to your learners’ leadership activities both in and outside of school
- Collaborate with other schools in the network and share your school successes nationally by contributing to SSAT events and activities and have your achievements recognised through the SSAT network
Contribute to discussions on national issues that affect our schools, students and teachers
- Get ongoing access to SSAT’s Special School Network email forum, publications, webinars, roundtable discussions, and Q&A sessions with policy makers and thought leaders
- Stay connected to the issues that matter as we continue to work with influential organisations, charities and individuals such as Rt Hon David Lammy MP, patron of SSAT’s Deep Social Justice campaign
What Schools Say About the Special Schools and SEND Network
Case study: Creating a formal mentoring process in a special school
Dianne Propsting, Perseid School, describes the rationale, ongoing research, implementation and signs of success of mentoring trainee teachers in SEND
Complete the application form below to join the SSAT Special Schools and SEND Network today.
Membership is for twelve months from the day you join and is £419 + VAT. Or you can save £68 by joining for 24 months for just £770 + VAT. Please indicate your preferred length of membership on the application form.
… or make an inquiry
To find out more about the benefits of SSAT’s Special Schools and SEND membership or group deals that we are able to offer your MAT, please register your interest below and receive a digital copy of our membership brochure.
For further queries, get in touch with us by email or call our team on 020 7802 0955.