Why join the SSAT Special Schools and SEN Network?
The SSAT Special Schools and SEN Network joins up special schools and specialist providers to enhance the understanding and skills of specialist teachers, specialist support staff and specialist leaders.
Our independent network is a national forum that shares ideas and professional opinion, models good practice, supports professional learning and facilitates the development of creative approaches to improve pupil outcomes.
We help school leaders and their teams to transform pupil aspirations into achievement. Member benefits include signposting and disseminating resources to promote pupil learning and personal development, as well as offering generous discounts on SSAT’s world-leading CPD programmes and events.
As the hub of the largest and longest-standing network of school leaders and forward-looking teachers in England, SSAT Special Schools Membership enables you to collaborate meaningfully with other schools – learning from your peers through debate and resource sharing, as well as having the chance to celebrate your own school’s achievements. The SSAT Special Schools and SEN Network promotes the partnerships of schools who share school performance priorities – ensuring you never feel isolated.
- SSAT members enjoy round-the-clock use of our extensive email networks, giving them instant and practical advice from other school leaders.
- Regional networking events, via project working groups on a priority theme, where practice is shared and solutions are co-developed, including opportunities to work with Apple to enhance learning through technology.
- The opportunity to become part of the Special Schools and SEN Headteacher Steering Group.
- An SSAT brokering service is available, connecting members who share similar challenges.
- Find solutions to problems and share your successes with special schools across England through SSAT’s SEN e-forum.
- The SSAT Annual Lecture.
Special Schools and SEN membership gives you privileged access to our expert CPD courses and education conferences. Enjoy extensive and regular updates of the latest research, policy and subject expertise direct to your inbox – the knowledge you need to take you to the next level.
- Receive fortnightly expert and impartial updates on SEND news and resources, national policy guidance including funding issues and latest opinion from SEND interest groups.
- Free and unlimited downloads of Personalising Learning Pamphlets.
- Sign up members of staff to SSAT’s half termly SEND Radar – with case studies and research outcomes.
- Access professional learning summaries by member schools via The Exchange – SSAT’s member only web pages.
- Enjoy up to 33% off the standard price of SSAT CPD, including TEEP – SEN, Lead Practitioner and LOSS.
Joining the SSAT Special Schools and SEN Network
Membership is for twelve months from the day you join and the annual membership fee is £399 + VAT. Or you can save £63 by joining for 24 months for just £735 + VAT. Please indicate your preferred length of membership on the application form.
To join, download and complete an application form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See below for a map of all special schools who have joined the SSAT Special Schools Network.