Moving from middle leadership to senior leadership requires a mind-set shift to whole school thinking, the skills to manage complex teams and competing priorities whilst maintaining focus on ensuring you are keeping your students at the centre of what you do. This exciting new programme will support you to develop the knowledge, skills, mind-set and networks to develop as a senior leader. Whether you have recently joined the senior leadership team or aspire to do so soon, this programme will help you take and be successful in the next step in your teaching career.
How the programme works
|One||Stepping up to senior Leadership||January/February 2018||TBC|
|Two||Job applications, recruitment and talent development and HR issues
(Delegates will be able to select from different sessions across the day)
|Three||Leading change and managing complexity||Summer 2018||TBC|
|Four||SSAT National Conference 2018||December 2018||TBC|
- Visit three different schools across the country
- Develop the skills, knowledge and mind set to be a successful senior leader
- Hear from head teachers and senior leaders with track records of success
- Attend the SSAT national conference where you will get to hear from top school leader and education experts.
- Explore different types of senior leadership roles and build a cohort of peers to learn with
In order to showcase the best variety of leadership practice and school contexts all of our programmes are run at venues across the country. For example, recent programmes have included venues based in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Southampton, Chester and Coventry. The programme is also subject to change dependent on the needs of delegates.
January/February 2018. The 2017 cohort is now fully booked, the next cohort will open for bookings in spring 2017.
Four events, including three one-day school visits and one-day attendance at the National Conference 2018
Aspiring and newly-appointed senior leaders
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01823 446 974