This one-year programme consists of three events plus attendance to the SSAT National Conference 2020.
Moving from middle leadership to senior leadership requires a mind-set shift to whole school thinking, the skills to manage complex teams and competing priorities whilst maintaining focus on ensuring you are keeping your students at the centre of what you do.
Delegates will complete a competency audit tool which will allow them to self-assess their leadership skills and ensure the programme is tailored to their needs. Delegates will also use personality profiling tool Strengthsfinder (TM) to support them to consider how to build on their unique personal qualities.
Event one: Stepping up to senior Leadership – Wednesday 5th February 2020, London
- Personal and professional readiness
- Competencies for senior leadership
- Developing a vision for yourself as a senior leader
- Getting a whole school/multi-school perspective
Event two: Senior leader job applications and interviews – Thursday 30th April 2020, London
(Sessions will be tailored to the needs of the delegates)
- Identifying the role that’s right for you
- Securing a senior leadership role
- Writing a successful application letter
- Preparing for interview
Event three: Leading change and managing complexity – Tuesday 7th July 2020, London
- Getting a whole-school/multi-school perspective
- Change management
- Negotiating and influencing
- Developing innovative practice
- Understanding finance management and HR practice
Event four: SSAT National Conference 2020. Birmingham
- Engage in the education debate on key issues for school leaders
- Learn from nationally and internationally recognised experts in the field both from within and beyond education
- Participate in school-led workshops hosted by some of the country’s most successful and innovative schools
A practical self-evaluation tool that asks reflective questions about a change initiative in your school and encourages you to consider the skills and support required to make this a tangible reality.
Claim your free download.
5 February 2020
Aspiring and newly-appointed senior leaders
Get in touch with us by email if you have any questions.