The Stepping up to Senior Leadership programme focuses on the transition from middle leadership to senior leadership. This programme will cultivate the participant’s mindset shift to whole school thinking and adopt the skills to manage complex teams and competing priorities while ensuring they keep students at the centre of what they do.
This is a one-year programme consisting of three in-school events, ending with attendance at the SSAT National Conference 2019. Delegates will complete a competency audit tool that will allow them to self-assess their leadership skills and ensure the programme is tailored to their needs. Delegates will also use personality profiling tool Strengthsfinder (TM) to support them in considering how to build on their unique personal qualities.
6 February 2019, Queen’s Park School, Chester
Stepping up to senior leadership
- Personal and professional readiness
- Competencies for senior leadership
- Developing a vision for yourself as a senior leader
- Getting a whole school/multi-school perspective
Senior leader job applications and interviews
Sessions will be tailored to the needs of the delegates
- Securing a senior leadership role – application letters and interview
- Performance management
- Talent development
- Recruitment best practice
Spring/Summer 2019, Shenley Brook End School, Milton Keynes
Leading change and managing complexity
- Getting a whole-school/multi-school perspective
- Change management
- Negotiating and influencing
- Developing innovative practice
- Understanding finance management and HR practice
December 2019, Birmingham
SSAT National Conference 2019
- Engage in the education debate on key issues for school leaders
- Learn from nationally and internationally recognised experts in the field both from within and beyond education
- Participate in school-led workshops hosted by some of the country’s most successful and innovative schools
- Greater self-awareness in areas of strength and those for development
- Development of the skills, knowledge and mindset to be a successful senior leader
- Identification of roles and contexts that are well-matched to your values, competencies and experience
- Stronger applications for senior positions and improved performance at interview
- Get the senior leadership post that is right for you!
In order to showcase the best variety of leadership practice and school contexts all of our programmes are run at venues across the country. For example, recent programmes have included venues based in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Southampton, Chester and Coventry. The programme is also subject to change dependent on the needs of delegates.
Delegates are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses for all events.
6 February 2019
Four events, including three one-day school visits and one-day attendance at the National Conference 2019
Aspiring and newly-appointed senior leaders
Prices exclusive of VAT
Get in touch with us by email