SSAT are pleased to announce a fast track version of our highly popular Stepping up to Senior Leadership programme, giving delegates the chance to complete the programme over the course of a term.
The programme consists of three online workshops plus attendance to the SSAT National Conference 2021. The course will also include supporting resources, reading and activities accessed via a dedicated online platform.
Moving from middle leadership to senior leadership requires a mind-set shift to whole school thinking, the skills to manage complex teams and competing priorities whilst maintaining focus on ensuring you are keeping your students at the centre of what you do.
Delegates will complete a competency audit tool which will allow them to self-assess their leadership skills and ensure the programme is tailored to their needs. Delegates will also use personality profiling tool Strengthsfinder (TM) to support them to consider how to build on their unique personal qualities.
Online workshop one: Stepping up to senior Leadership – Tuesday 6th October, 3.30pm – 6.00pm
- Personal and professional readiness
- Competencies for senior leadership
- Developing a vision for yourself as a senior leader
- Getting a whole school/multi-school perspective
Online workshop two: Senior leader job applications and interviews – Tuesday 20th October, 3.30pm – 6.00pm
(Sessions will be tailored to the needs of the delegates)
- Identifying the role that’s right for you
- Securing a senior leadership role
- Writing a successful application letter
- Preparing for interview
Online workshop three: Leading change and managing complexity – Tuesday 10 November, 3.30pm – 6.00pm
- Getting a whole-school/multi-school perspective
- Change management
- Negotiating and influencing
- Developing innovative practice
- Understanding finance management and HR practice
Event four: SSAT National Conference
- Engage in the education debate on key issues for school leaders
- Learn from nationally and internationally recognised experts in the field both from within and beyond education
- Participate in school-led workshops hosted by some of the country’s most successful and innovative schools
A practical self-evaluation tool that asks reflective questions about a change initiative in your school and encourages you to consider the skills and support required to make this a tangible reality.
Claim your free download.
6 October 2020
Aspiring and newly-appointed senior leaders
Get in touch with us by email if you have any questions.