In recent years, Ofsted has made curriculum its main focus and it was no surprise to see curriculum taking centre stage in the latest framework. The focus on curriculum intent, breadth and depth is a welcome one that opens up important conversations.
The Ofsted framework looks not only at what you decide to teach but also what this says about your ambitions for your students and how your approach to teaching and learning makes these ambitions a reality.
These curriculum seminars are designed to support senior and middle leaders with responsibility for curriculum and/or quality assurance in both primary and secondary schools. Our online delivery includes a 60-minute, pre-recorded seminar with Colin Logan on the principles of curriculum design and the quality of education. This is followed by a live session with Colin which will look in more detail at how the deep dive methodology can be used for self-evaluation and explore SSAT’s four pillars of principled curriculum design.
Seminar 1 (Pre-recorded)
- What do we mean by curriculum?
- Principles of curriculum design
- The Quality of Education
Seminar 2 (Live)
- Leading the curriculum discussions on the quality of education
- SSAT’s 4 pillars of principled curriculum design: intent, content, implementation, impact
- Informal discussion with colleagues (optional)
- Participants will have a thorough understanding of the principles behind effective curriculum design and how to approach it in practice
- They will have a clear understanding of the processes that might lead to a judgement on Quality of Education and of how they can make use of these in their own schools for self-evaluation
- They will be equipped with resources and guidance to use with colleagues in school and will have gained practical ideas from curriculum leads from other schools
- They will receive a certificate of participation
Colin has worked at five large comprehensive schools as a languages teacher, head of department and faculty, deputy head and finally headteacher. He was also a senior adviser in the National Strategies in the data and evaluation team. He joined SSAT in 2011 and is currently a senior education lead with responsibility for data, accountability and inspection.
Live seminar date
Wednesday 27 January 2021
15.30 – 17.30
This session will be delivered online.
Senior and middle leaders with responsibility for curriculum and/or quality assurance
£185 (individuals self-funding)
£185 (member schools)
£225 (non-member schools)
All prices exclusive of VAT
Order the SSAT Curriculum and Assessment Toolkit when you book your seminar place and receive a 15% discount off the digital resource.