NCFE today is a national awarding organisation, offering over 500 qualifications at different levels and in a wide range of subject areas. NCFE recognise the skills, knowledge and understanding achieved by a learner at a particular level and in a particular subject.
SSAT is proud to partner with NCFE as part of its quality and equity agenda; closing the gap and raising the bar to provide excellent and equal opportunity for students of all types and abilities.
V Cert Qualifications
NCFE’s V Cert qualifications have been developed specifically for pupils aged 14-16. There are a whole host of benefits to offering these new Level 2 vocational qualifications, including:
Rigour and Application
- V Certs meet all Ofqual and DfE requirements for rigour and balanced assessment
- equivalent to one GCSE in the 2015 and/or 2016 school performance tables
- between 120 – 150* Guided Learning Hours (GLH) so fit neatly into GCSE timetables
- assessments are supported by a network of external moderators and examiners
- will aid development of pupils’ Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- a way for pupils to develop and demonstrate literacy and numeracy skills.
*All current V Certs are 120 GLH except NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Creative Studies: Art and Design which is 150 GLH.
- V Certs can be delivered across different year groups and as a one or 2 year qualification
- you can use these as a way to deliver out of hours additionality
- project and theme-based learning and assessment which gives you flexibility for teaching and learning options
- exemplar internal assessments for the internal units can be customised by you
- no mandatory staff training means flexibility to organise departmental CPD.
Watch: NCFE V Cert qualifications: grading
If you’d like to speak to a member of the NCFE team then please give them a call on 0191 240 8822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.